CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT 2018
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces that the Government of the People’s Republic of China has invited Bahamian nationals to submit applications to become 2018 recipients of scholarships at the Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral levels to study or continue studies in the People’s Republic of China.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY:
- Bahamian National with a valid electronic passport In Good Health
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
- Willing to study in Mandarin at any University, if chosen by the Chinese Government
- Applications for the Bachelor’s Degree should be 25 years or younger
- Applicants for the Master’s Degree should be under the age of 40
- Applicants for the Doctoral Degree should be under the age of 45
You may visit the following website for additional formation on the Chinese Government Scholarships: www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina
- Full scholarship tuition inclusive of room and board, medical insurance, textbooks and monthly living allowances
- Roundtrip economy-class ticket to China and from China (upon graduation)
All interested persons may complete the scholarship application form online at: http:/www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina
When completing the application form, the agency number is 0441. The agency name is: Embassy of P.R. China in Bahamas
Three (3) preferences of Chinese Universities Must be included in the application form. You may visit the following website to facilitate your search for a Chinese University: www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina and http://www.cucas.edu.cn
- Copy of completed online application form
- Copy of relevant passport pages
- Copy of US visitors/transit visa (if available) 3 passport photo
- Statement of Purpose of Study or Research Plan (1,000-1,500 words)
- Physical examination form with attached copies of all lab results (see link for physical examination form)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (teachers/lecturers and community leaders)
- Copy of high school and/or university diploma
- Official transcript mailed directly from high school/university
- Applicants for music studies and fine arts must submit a CD of their own work. Fine arts submission should include two (2) sketches, two (2) colour paintings and two (2) other works
STEP 1: Log on to http://csc.edu.cn to register for a username and password before logging on.
STEP 2: After logging on to the system, please read the “ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDANCE” and follow the steps
STEP 3: Check the “NEXT” and select the scholarship you want to apply for. (Please select the Chinese Government Scholarship, unless you are applying for the other Cooperation Programme Scholarship)
STEP 4: Please note that the “AGENCY NO.” is one of the most crucial parts of your online application. It is listed in the first blank under the “PERSONAL DATA”. Please make sure that you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application. Your “AGENCY NO.” is 0441.
STEP 5: Please fill in the online application form truthfully, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page. Applicants are required to select the disciplines before choosing their majors. For inquires about the disciplines and majors, please refer to the “Disciplines Index”, which can be downloaded from “HELP”.
STEP 6: Preview the application form after completion, and submit it online.
STEP 7: Please download the finished application form by clicking the bottom “DOWNLOAD APPLICATION” and print it out.
STEP 8: Please prepare other supporting documents as required, and submit the full package of application documents to Ms. Meryl Deveaux, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Technical Assistance Division, 1s Floor, Goodman’s Bay Corporate Centre, West Bay Street, Nassau, The Bahamas.
Please feel free to contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Technical Assistance Division via telephone at: 1-242-356-5956/502-8173 or email: email@example.com
The Application deadline is Friday, 13th April, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.