Welcome to ePICS
BAHAMAS PASSPORT OFFICE ePASSPORT ONLINE RENEWAL SERVICES
Welcome to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Online Portal for the renewal of ePassport. In keeping with the Ministry’s commitment to provide quality customer service to Bahamians, the Ministry is please to launch the first phase of the digitization of the Passport Office. The initial phase will allow Bahamian nationals, 18 years and over to apply online for the renewal of their ePassports. The Ministry will extend its online services on behalf of minors soon.
WHO CAN APPLY ONLINE
The applicant must be a Bahamian citizen who is 18 years or
older, and must have an ePassport.
Please note that this portal is for online renewal of ePassports only. All applicants with lost, stolen and damaged passports, and persons requesting a name change, must apply in person at one of our Passport Offices or Overseas Missions.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
- Application Processing Fees:
- $50.00 for applicants 18 years and older
Fees can be paid by credit or debit card.
If you receive an error message when making payment please contact the Passport Office at telephone no: +1 242 397 2388 or email us at: email@example.com. If by email, please state in the subject line your first and last name and in the body of the text provide your NIB #, the passport number of your latest passport, and the application ID you were given when you submitted the application.
There will be no refunds once payment has been made.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RENEW A PASSPORT
The standard processing time for an ePassport renewal is seven (7) working days. Applicants can track the status of their application online by using the application ID and names to obtain the record.
EXPEDITE PROCESSING FEES AND TIME:
In order to obtain a passport within 2 working days from the Passport Office in New Providence, an additional fee of $200.00 is required. Persons in the Family Islands can collect the passport within 3-4 working days. Persons Overseas can collect the passport within one week from the selected overseas office.
Upon completion of your online application, you will receive an email with your electronic receipt. You may have to check your junk mail folder.
Please be advised that the Passport Office reserves the right to request from other government agencies or the applicant, any additional information deemed necessary for the completion of the online application.
1. A scanned copy of the personal data and signature pages of the applicant’s most recent ePassport (click here to see an example).
2. Passport Photograph Specifications:
- Photograph should be no more than six (6) months old at the time of the application
- Photograph should be 2×2 inches at 600 dpi
- Photograph should be in color with a plain white or an off-white background
- No Selfies
- Must have a neutral facial expression, not smiling and mouth must be closed
- Makeup should be neutral and jewelry modest
- Photograph must have a full face view; the applicant must be facing the camera directly
- Hairline and ears must be visible and not covered
- Covering of the head is prohibited unless for medical or religious purposes and a formal written request is presented and, approved by the Passport Office. (Request for approval should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The applicant’s clothing should be in color with his/her shoulders covered
- The applicant’s clothing must not bear any form of military or civil servant badges or ornaments.
Please note that all passport photographs are subject to the approval of the Passport Office.
3. The applicant’s NIB number
4. The applicant must pay the applicable fees by completing the online ePassport Renewal Application Form
To renew an adult’s ePassport you will need the following:
Scan of personal data and signature pages of your existing ePassport (pdf format)
Scan of recent passport compatible photograph (not more than 6 months old in jpeg format)
NIB number entered on the application form
Valid credit/debit card
Click on image to view sample ePASSPORT
In order to access the application form please ensure all boxes in this section are ticked by clicking on the boxes
Applicants must collect their passports at the selected Passport Office location or Overseas Missions.
All persons collecting passports must present the applicant’s most recent passport and the electronic receipt of payment.
Please contact us for more information. Our support team is available during regular business hours 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m EST, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). You may contact us at telephone number: 1 (242) 397-2388 or email enquiries to: email@example.com. If by email, please state in the subject line your first name and last name, and in the body of the text provide your NIB# and the passport number of your latest passport.